Questar III's State Aid and Financial Planning Service helps school districts negotiate their way through the complex world of school finance.
Our publications, workshops, personal consultation and hotline service keep administrators informed and up-to-date on state aid and school finance issues.
Member districts and BOCES receive a broad spectrum of valuable services. From technical assistance with state aid forms and revenue projection to analysis of state aid proposals and education related legislation, the State Aid and Financial Planning Service meets your needs.
Over 600 public schools and 37 BOCES across New York State know where to get accurate information and professional service.
PRIMARY SERVICE ACTIVITIES
State Aid and Financial Planning Service member districts receive the following services on a regular basis:
- Hotline Information Service - Specialists are available to answer questions on all aspects of state aid.
- State Aid Projections - Specialists help complete state aid claim forms, and maintain a statewide database to project state aid under various proposals (Governor, Regents, Legislature, Present Law).
- Presentations - Specialists present two sets of regional workshops yearly, at eleven locations across the state, as well as numerous special topic presentations. Staff regularly presents at local, state, and international meetings and conferences. (Click on the workshops icon on to find more detailed information about this subject).
- Publications - Specialists annually distribute state aid documents that guide districts through the state aid claim process, educate them about formulas and help them maximize state aid. Publications page
- Legislative Services - New laws and pending legislation are highlighted throughout the year. The status and copy of any bill or law is available on request. (Click on the legislative news icon on to find more detailed information about this subject).
- SAP Update - Our periodic emails inform districts about issues related to state aid and school finance.
- Elluminate Web Conference - software that will allow us to provide you with web based conferences. Elluminate allows us to provide you with real time, interactive information right at your own desk! The sessions will be delivered entirely over the Internet no teleconferencing (telephone) is required. There is no registration or fee required. Also if you miss the session, a recorded version will be available. Recorded sessions
- Special Education Listserv - periodic updates, deadline reminders and best practices geared towards pupil personnel.
THE STATE AID AND FINANCIAL PLANNING SERVICE provides other individualized services on request:
- Individual Consultation - Staff consults with individual districts to review state aid and reporting procedures.
- District Specific Aid Projections - Staff estimates aid based on "What If" scenarios such as enrollment, wealth, or expenditure changes.
- Net Cost of Students with Disabilities - Staff determines a district's cost of educating pupils with disabilities.
- Growth Aid Projections - Staff calculates both estimated and actual Growth Aid with district data.
- Expenditure Comparison - Staff compares district expenses to other districts, or on a county, BOCES or statewide basis.
- State Aid Analysis - Staff performs district, regional, and statewide analysis of various state aid factors.
The State Aid & Financial Planning Service provides additional Business Office Support services at district request, on a per diem basis. The 2013 -14 rate for the State Aid and Financial Planning Service at Questar III will be $ 3,050. The per diem rate will be $500. For more information regarding these services, please contact Michele Levings at 518.477.2635.